To transmit data between computer and electronic information devices, BSNL provides data communication services to its subscribers. It offers a choice of high, medium and low speed leased data circuits as well as dial-up lines. Bandwidth is available on demand in most of the cities. Managed leased Line Network (MLLN) offers flexibility of providing circuits with speeds of n x 64 Kbps up to 2 Mbps. Useful for internet leased lines and international principle Leased Lines (IPLCs).
For dedicated point to point speech, private wire, tele-printer and data circuits are given on lease basis. Leased circuits are provided to subscribers for internal communication between their offices/factories at various sites within a city/town or different cities/town on point to point basis, or on a network basis interconnecting the various sites.
Managed Leased Line Service(MLLN): The MLLN is a Managed Leased Line Network system which is proposed to provide Leased line connectivity. The State-of-the-art technology equipment MLLN is designed mainly for having effective control, monitor on the leased line so that the down time is very much minimised.
ServicesSpeech Circuits (Hot Line or Private Wire) - Local or Long distance circuits within two locations in a city or between two different cities provided for the same applicant. The Terminating equipment at both ends is telephone without dialing facility. Both way signaling and speech is possible.
Data Circuits - Local or Long distance data circuits at different speeds viz. nx64 kbps and 2 mbps. Data Circuits are of different types:
Point to Point Data Circuits - Local and Long Distance
- Private Data Network - More than one Local or Long Distance leased circuits converging on a location such that data from one leased circuit can be transferred automatically to another leased circuit for the same subscriber.
- Closed User Group - Leased circuits can be used by more than one legal entity if they form closed user group. The following categories of user groups constitute closed user groups for the purpose of licensing Private Telecom Networks.
- Producer of goods and his whole -sale traders /agents.
- Provider of service (not being a telecommunication service) and his whole-sale traders/agents.
- Producers of same categories of goods.
- Providers of the same category of service.
- Holding company and its subsidiaries.
- Interconnected undertakings.
- Companies under the same management
- Travel agents issuing tickets on the member airlines, whose network they use including the network of a group of member airlines.
- Computerized Reservations System (CRS) service providers owned by airlines.
- Shared networks of banks for use of Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs), Electronic Points of Sale(EPOS)/credit authorization terminals.
- Financial institutions registered primarily to deal in securities and their agents/dealers.
- Financial institutions registered as Mutual funds and their agents.
- Financial institutions which are registered as depositories and their agents/dealers.
- Other non-banking financial institutions.
Remarks on Closed Users Group
- Regulatory bodies namely Reserve Bank of India(RBI) and Securities & Exchange Board of India(SEBI) can connect to any of these CUGs without extra charge provided they do not switch traffic among networks and furnish undertaking to this effect. In case of violation of the undertaking by them, interconnection fee shall be charged from the date of approval.
- Provided that ultimate consumer of the product or service shall not be a part of the closed user group and also that the network will be used purely for legitimate internal communication purposes of the group where resale of telecommunication service and its profits are not involved. In respect of companies against 5 , 6 and 7 above, the definitions available in MRTP Act 1969 will be taken.
- In case of dedicated/captive networks for the use of closed user groups, the equipment shall be owned and operated by the licensee within the scope of license (as granted by the Government). Third party ownership and provision of service is not permitted.
- The character of the closed user group has to be maintained through out the period of validity of the permission granted.
- If a single party leased line network is given a leased line connectivity abroad to the principal/sister concern of the network hirer (any organization which comes under CUG category), such network is not to be treated as closed user group network for the purpose of charges or otherwise.
- The wholesale traders/agents of their interconnected companies may also be allowed to be connected with the CUG Network of the main hirer on the basis that these circuits for wholesale traders/agents of the inter connected companies will be charged rental of 25% extra for each such circuit connected to the CUG Network of the main hirer from the date of commissioning of such circuits.
- Private leased line networks were allowed to be connected with Inet/HVNet/RABMN. A single party leased line network is not to be treated as a CUG network by virtue of such interconnection. There shall be no restriction on the type of persons accessing a private leased line network through Inet/HVNet/RABMN provided the network hirer is not selling telecom services from his network to any of such persons.
International Leased Circuits: Provided through VSNL
ContactEnterprise Business Cell .
Leased Circuit Complaint Booking No. 1800 425 1957 (24 Hr call center-Toll Free Number)