How to secure your modem against misuse
- ADSL modems are supplied with default user ID and password of admin & admin respectively. Thus the customers are advised to change the default login & password with a strong one, to avoid unauthorized access to modem. The process of changing the password is contained in the user manual / CD supplied along with modem at the time of installation. In case of any difficulty BSNL officials may be contacted for assistance.
- Customers are advised to upgrade / download the latest firmware & software of their modem by visiting the site of the manufacture's website or from BSNL website in case of modem supplied by BSNL.
- There is a reset button in every modem. Whenever it is operated, all configuration settings of ADSL Modem are reset to default factory settings, resulting the resetting of modem login & password to default admin and admin respectively. Thus customers are advised to change the default password to earlier password or any other new password.
- Customers are advised to switch off their modem, when not in use.
- Customers are advised to check his daily usage online and if any unexpected high usage of data is noticed, then the same may be informed to BSNL officials.