Steps to be taken to prevent recent malware attack on ADSL modemMalware at the network attacked some of ADSL modem, made of SYRMA, Supernet, Teracom and iBall and thus Broadband services are being disrupted.
To combat with this problem the following steps need to be taken at ADSL modem :-
- Hard reset the modem by pressing the reset button at back side of modem for 12-15 sec.
- Access the modem by URL 192.168.1.1 and default user id: admin and password: admin.
- Reconfigure modem with BB user id & password including WiFi (with password).
- Click on "Access Management" and activate "ACL" (at LAN) for SYRMA and Supernet modem and "CWMP" for Teracom modem.
- Save and restart the modem.
At Central Broadband control room has been opened and the telephone nos. are 22137599 and 22314016.